Ever wonder about the rainbow flag and what other LGBTQ symbols stand for??? I have always wondered what they meant and thier history. The only one I found to be missing was the equal sign, but that’s really a logo for an Equal rights advocacy group. I’d like to count it, mostly because it seems to encompass everyone, similar to the Pride Flag. It’s for the “Human Rights Campaign.” As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than one million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC’s vision a reality.
Founded in 1980, HRC advocates on behalf of LGBT Americans, mobilizes grassroots actions in diverse communities, invests strategically to elect fair-minded individuals to office and educates the public about LGBT issues.
So my friend over at speakeasyforever.org, made us a great little cheat sheet on LGBT symbols and thier meanings. Check it out!
LOve this… Always wanted to know what they all meant.
- Understanding LGBTQ symbols and the movement… (speakeasyforever.org)
- Jessica Gonzalez-Rojas: Dignity, Justice, Equality: LGBTQ Latinos and Allies Building a Movement for Change (huffingtonpost.com)
- In One Person: A Romance Novel for the 21st Century (vancouverobserver.com)
- Supporting gay rights is good for business (salon.com)
- LGBTQ is LOUSY (my.psychologytoday.com)
- China Lifts Ban on Lesbians Donating Blood [Lgbtq] (jezebel.com)
- Myths and Facts about the LGBTQ Community and Sexual Assault (rcasa.wordpress.com)